Friday, January 21, 2011

Quick Vent Sesh, Thanks


Venting Session!
I'm not one of those people who think that my drama (if I even have drama) is the most interesting thing ever BUT I also know how much some people like gossip or drama and I am kinda heated about this at the moment so you can read about my issue haha DEAL WITH IT!

I am a junior in college and have been at this college for 3 years. In my junior class on my team I have 9 other girls. Freshman year I was the only one who played consistently. Sophomore year my best friend also got a starting spot. Now it's our 3rd year and some girls who have been around as long as I are complaining when they realize that they are not starters.

These girls (there are 3 of them as of right now being babies) are CONFUSED. Someone needs to tell them that there is a difference between WAITING FOR YOUR SPOT aka waiting till the girl ahead of you graduates. and EARNING YOUR SPOT aka doing extra work-yes extra as in when NO ONE IS WATCHING.

Girl #1: Is bad mouthing the freshman who came in and "stole" her spot. Keep in mind that girl #1 is BAD like not even decent for our team. She has improved since she walked-on but I never did nor do I now expect her to see playing time. She thinks that she is better than she is and pretty much ruined her friendship with the freshman because she is mad at her for being better. Lame right?

Girl #2: Got a little playing time our freshman year. But come our sophomore year she just wasn't where our team was. We got some BOMB players and her level of play didn't elevate with our team so she got sent to the bench. Now she is getting beat out of her position by a fellow junior who abet isn't WAY better than Girl #2 but has been getting the job done much better lately. but this girl is the reason behind my venting. SHE TURNS TO FACEBOOK TO COMPLAIN. IN A STATUS. WHERE EVERYONE ON OUR TEAM CAN SEE IT IN ADDITION TO FANS WHO SHE HAS AS FRIENDS. Are you serious? If I wanted you to start before I damn sure do not want it now. I am debating on writing her a comment telling her to stop being a baby and realize someone is better than her and if she wants to play she needs to do something different and stop waiting for a handout!

Girl #3: I'll be honest I can see her viewpoint a little bit. She is a quality player. She had to sit out behind a starter for 2 years but in those 2 years every time she got a chance she did perform. And then this year when her position goes "up for grabs" she gets a crowd of players looking for a spot around her and she just get's kinda forgotten because she is nothing special. I guess I just got peeved at her when I saw her and Girl #1 liked Girl #2 status's. then Girl #2 goes and says that they are all in the same boat.

I am not sure where they got their misplaced sense of self-entitlement but for girls working for their spots and others who want the other spots filled with good players It's Frustrating.

Sorry that might have been hard to follow with all he Girl#'s and shit. And sorry if I brought down your mood with my venting....wait, there is no way I brought down your mood, you don't even know me!! hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment