Thursday, August 19, 2010

Proposing

Every girl (maybe every guy) has thought about that moment. What it will be like, what we would feel. The moment when someone says that they want to spend every moment of forever with you...or in realistic terms...someone who can tolerate more than any other attractive suitor. (haha sorry just sayin)
Anyways almost every couple I know that have gotten engaged it has not been much of a shock to the 'proposee.' For instance my roommate told me for at least 6 months that she would be getting engaged over Christmas Break (her boo had told her) so it was not much of a surprise. My 2nd roommate got engaged last spring and to be honest I has figured she was already engaged to this guy but I guess it just got "official." ps if you see a reaccurring theme yes, if you want to get engaged you should probably be my roommate
My parents same story, different setting--I'll spare you the details anyways back to my point (I swear I have one)
I always thought that when I got engaged it would be all lovey dovey and I would be so excited and we both would be unable to control our smiles and giggles all he way home. But now I have a different scene that might be better. Take a look at this clip.........................................like play it before you keep reading...............
Ok, did you see the look of shock. Now I'm thinking that this kind of proposal might be more realistic than a stereotypical ditzy celebration. It's REAL. Yes this is from a fictional tv show but it got me thinking that when that moment comes for me I want it to be so shockingly right. I don't want to see it coming but when it comes I want to be shocked into speechlessness at the fact that this great man choose me despite all my flaws. I don't want to be shocked that it could be wrong I want to be shocked that it could be RIGHT.

yea, strange-might be getting too ahead of myself but just saw the re-run and thought I'd share. Ok now I gotta go pack for year 3 of college uuugghhhh I hate packing!

No comments:

Post a Comment