Thursday, August 19, 2010

Lady Gaga's Monster Ball


INITIAL REACTION TO LADY GAGA: I loooove her music!
SECONDARY REACTION: This Bitch is Crazy! (once again love it)
A LITTLE LATER: ummm She might be one of those 'Im different solely for the sake of being different' people.
AFTER THAT: I don't care! She's different and interesting and makes good music.

AFTER THE CONCERT: She is a funny, nice revolutionary woman.

wtf? Did I just say that about this psycho woman? haha yes and here is why...
1st- Her opening act has been playing with her ever since 2006 when they played in a bar with 12--yes 12-- people watching. She brings them to open her world tour even though they are not famous so to speak...I honestly found myself wanting to buy their CD not for the music but because they just entertained me and seemed fun and genuine.

2nd- The Gaga brought her roommate from like early 2000 to be a dancer for her. Now that is friendship. Oh, did I mention that her roommate is a black drag queen? Yes well these two woman must have made quite the disturbance back in the day.

3rd-Obviously her music was epic and (even though it has been well documented) the fact that she is not the best dancer didn't matter because we could tell that she was giving us 100% the whole time, and that is not normally something that a fan notices.

4th- She took the time to talk to us. Not like the whole "I LOVE SAN JOSE" and "I LOVE MY FANS" BS but she really talked. She made it a point to say that her fans are al the people who don't belong and she "locked the f*cking doors to keep everyone else out." Not once did she put down "normal people" she directed her anger towards people who inhibited others and who put down others. One thing she said that made my night was this: "I hope that you do not walk out of here tonight loving me more. I hope you walk out of here loving yourself more." wow. A celebrity that cares more about her fans loving themselves than her own fame. Class act.

5th- She really was quite funny. In her talk someone threw up some underwear (clearly a bigger man's pair) and she put them on and did her next number in them. She tried to make a point to pick up all the things thrown on the stage and say something about them, knowing that it would make one of her fan's night.

FINALLY- TO the outside eye Lady Gaga has fans that are LGBT and otherwise freaks. She is the one person that they can all rally behind to say "yes we can be great the way we are." But last night I realized that this wasn't because she was simply one of them. It was because she really sees the beauty in every single person and it rubbed off on every one of us lucky to be in attendance. As I was dancing in the dark I would look over and see some large girl dressed very boldly dancing horribly and my initial reaction was to mentally judge her but I stopped.
I saw the beauty in someone being herself and later on my drive home saw the beauty in myself. Just because I am not gay or "a freak" doesn't mean I can't feel alone. And last night I realized this Even though I am not sure who I am I can still love myself I may be weird for having Lady Gaga bring about this realization but aren't we all a little weird :)

Don't lie, you ARE weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment