Friday, July 9, 2010

"I musta been high when I said you & I weren't meant to be"



I am the kind of person who doesn't mind being alone. Like some people say that but in actuality they are never alone. It's not like I am a loner, I just don't depend on anyone but myself. For example, my best friend and I have been roommates for 2 years in college and are still best friends but I decided to live with three complete strangers for this new school year (I'll keep you posted on how that turns out lol). I told her that is wasn't because of her, I just wanted to meet new people and NOT have her around 24/7. Needless to say, she is upset and reminds me every chance she gets that I am making a mistake but I just tell her to deal with it--I am the brutally honest type. Anyways that is not the point.
The point is that this has affected me when it comes to relationships. Recently I actually "let a guy in." I was vulnerable and told him everything, which was a first for me. I needed him and it felt good to have someone want to take care of me. Unfortunately, I reverted back to bad habits and got afraid. Afraid he would hurt me or that I wouldn't be enough for him, or a day would come when he realized he could do better so, like an idiot, I ended it...and we haven't talked since :( well if you don't count the text he sent the next day saying "This is one thing you will regret." Which by the way, the second I read it I knew he was right.
Now too much time has passed and there is no way of getting him back. I don't want to burden him if he has moved on. If he hasn't moved on then I feel like he would have tried to call me or text me or something! All I am saying is that, me being self-sufficient probably won't be a good thing later on in life. I'm not the girl to go hit on a guy or flirt shamelessly. I wait for a guy to approach me...call me old fashioned. It has worked and I am not questioning whether or not I should turn into one of those borderline slutfaces (haha not a word I know). I just wonder that if I acted like I "needed" a man in my life than maybe I would need one/keep one.

"Having someone wonder where you are when you don't come home at night is a very old human need." ~Margaret Mead

No comments:

Post a Comment