Thursday, July 8, 2010

You love to exercise? haha liar


"Fitness - if it came in a bottle, everybody would have a great body." -Cher

Cher, girl you are so right. If it weren't for my years of competitive sports which has carried over to college then I don't even want to think about what I would look like. Like most people exercise is a word that you don't want to hear until after you have done it. I for one don't mind exercising too much- it's that time in the morning where I wake up and know I need to go for a run that I dread. I sit and wait for an excuse to creep up but it never does because I knooooooooow there is none. So I get up and go and feel better about myself, until the next day. Great cycle right?
I have never been the fastest girl but what I pride myself on is not being the slowest. When my team runs I am determined NOT to be last. I don't care if the girls I am beating are 20lbs lighter than me or 5inches shorter than me I just cannot cross that line with the entire team watching me. Total confidence bust haha so I stay in shape.
I wish I was one of those..."special" people (some prefer the term crazy) who love to run and find it freeing and intoxicating. But try as I might I just can't find sweating like a pig, lungs burning, body screaming at you to stop and inevitable soreness addicting. Call me crazy. So then what do I call this thing that I do everyday and hate it? A Situation. You can make the best of your situation or you can complain about it. Or you can just do it. I have done all three at one time or another :)
Although I would gave my left love handle for a pool in my backyard I do without. I love to swim but probably only do so once or twice a month, I run everyday and if I could ever find a bike I wouldn't be against biking. I mean you do get a lot farther than running and there is this thing I'd like to try called, coasting! I hear downhill is especially fun.
Bottom line: Make the best of your situation and try to make is fun. Even when it's not, its still better to do it. Whats funner than taking a shower and having the rest of the day to do whatever, knowing you already burned some calories :)

ps. still not a big fan of exercising but then again I don't really think anyone is
yes even those crazies who say they are--gotta be lies right??

No comments:

Post a Comment