Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Why is Everyone getting Married


Before I start into this let me just say my view on marriage:
All my life I thought I wanted to get married, have 3 kids, with a house and a dog, etc. But after I really thought about it-and saw others do it- I realize that is the last thing I want. I mean yea marriage that'd be cool but I CANNOT stay in one place to raise kids. I want to move around do tons of things and not just have a life revolving around bills, taking kids to practice and school, and just trying to survive to the next week.
So there are two ways to look at this.
Either I am selfish.
Or I am a free spirit. (ew that sounded lame) Independent?

Lol but anyways the point it that I am not going to be that typical suburban housewife. I may get lonely if I see all my friends with kids and stuff but really I can't see myself being happy that way.
Take my parents for example, they always wanted to go to Europe but never could because they had 4 kids. Now I see my good friend talk about how she is going to Europe but at the same time she says she is going to have kids ASAP. Am I the only one who does not think this will work out?

Whatever, not my place to say. But the only thing that prompted this post is that this guy I think is very attractive and that I am working closely with for this semester is married! Not that I am trying to get with him lol but it's just SO not my thing.

ps. Military and Mormons are the most eager to get married. Just an observation :)

(Wow sorry this post went nowhere, it was just ramblings haha)

No comments:

Post a Comment