Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Not Your Typical Athlete


I try really hard not to be the typical athlete.
-I get good grades
-I get good grades by DOING the Work and putting Effort in (not cheating)
-I don't wear my practice clothes to school
-I don't wear clean t-shirts and basketball shorts as school clothes
-I hate partying with athletes
-I stick more to the indie/stoner crowd (but I don't smoke bc we get drug tested)
-I try not to post a lot of status' or facebook updates about sports
-I do put up pictures of me playing but that's bc sometimes a quality profile picture is hard to find!!
-And finally I try not to post on here about sports--even though it has slipped out once or twice :/

But tonight I can't help it...It just sucks that something you put so much effort and time into and love so much makes you hurt and hate yourself.
Like this sounds over dramatic but really...
I run before or after practice, I show up early to get extra in and leave late because I need to practice things that didn't feel right in practice.
I am already a starter but I am the hardest worker. It's easy for me to say this because it is true. But tonight none of my extra work paid off and I just felt like I was the worst player out there.
That obviously wasn't the case but I expect to win easily when I work so hard and I know that sometimes that just isn't the case.

I know a "real hard core athlete" would never admit this but right about now I am thinking maybe I hit my peak? Maybe I made the most of my physical talents and to ask for more is impossible.

To that I say FUCK IT.
I'm getting better everyday. Hell yea tonight sucked but it will help me later on.
Wow this one post just made me change my whole outlook on this shitty situation.
I am better than that and I am going to prove it. I didn't hit my peak I have just started climbing motherfuckers.

No comments:

Post a Comment