Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Was that a Miracle?


Not to get into too much of a deep subject but I am pretty sure I have previously written about my view of God. Here is the cliff notes version:
-I was born Catholic
-Raised going to church every Sunday
-Went to a Catholic School for my first 14 years of schooling (aka until college)
-Met a girl who was one of those "I-AM-BETTER-THAN-YOU-BECAUSE-I-HAVE-FOUND-GOD" people
-Decided that she was brainwashed by her family into thinking God was the only way
-Decided I had been to and needed to find God on my own
-Stopped believing in God....and liked it
-Mostly I liked not feeling guilty for 'letting Him down'

Ok, are we all caught up now? Well guess who witnessed a miracle two days ago and now by default HAS to believe in God because of it....yours truly. Ok so the thing was that I had been feeling guilty about dumping this guy a while back and had been wishing I could tell him sorry and maybe get him back (if you read my last post you know this is no longer the case). I had never prayed to God about this because I had stopped believing in hum by then. So two nights ago I prayed for the first time in about 6 months.
I said something along the lines of "I still don't know if I believe in you but I really want this guy to text me. I am not saying if he texts me I will believe in you I am just saying that I really want him to, and since it has been so long it is HIGHLY doubtful he will." So yea I went to bed.
The next day during lunch I get a text from him. SWEAR TO GOD. Like seriously what are the chances of that happening? The day after I pray for this it happens after I spent months WISHING it to happen! Am I wrong in thinking this means I have to believe in God now? I mean I want to but dayum I can't think of any other instance when my prayers have been answered so immediately (save one). The chances of this happening are slim to none so I am going to take it as The Big Man Upstairs saying "Dammit Stephanie I am here you better start believing in me again because I am sick of persuading you too!"

Haha oh and God has a sense of humor too. He granted my prayer then blindsided me with the whole "Be careful what you pray for" thing by turning my guy into a douschbag. :)

Either way I believe in God because of this encounter (even though I wish it would have happened later on) I can't ignore signs like this. And if I had heard a story like this from another person I either would not have believed it or I would think that the person was a straight toolbag. So think what you wish but DAMN it was cool!

2 comments:

  1. I pray for a bag of doritos every day to appear on my bed, and you get your prayers answered within a day..

    ReplyDelete