Sunday, September 26, 2010

I am so torn


My friend texted me last night and told me her dad hit her. She said he said he wanted to kill her. I have known this girl for 5 weeks and now she picks me to tell this to. I told her that it was not okay and she needed to get out of that house-- I offered to go pick her up.
She is trying to move into the dorms here but her dad pays her bills so he won't pay for that...I am on an athletic scholarship and want to give up part of my scholarship to help her. I was about to call my coach and tell him this when I decided I should ask my parents since they are the ones who would be picking up the tab so to speak.
I called my mom and told her and she made a point that hadn't crossed my mind..."Do you believe her?" Of course I believed her! but she makes a good point, how well do I know her. I mean what if she was exaggerating? I am still going to help her because I would rather take the chance of being taken advantage of than letting her get hurt
...
I don't know what to do. I have 3 roommates that I live with. I am not sure how they would feel if I brought in my friend to sleep on our couch :/
Why do parents have to be so dumb sometimes,,,,don't treat your kids like shit.
This girl is the most happy, optimistic girl I have ever met. I have never seen her upset or sad and she is HILARIOUS....no one deserves this but damn she hid it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment